- You do not need a Dropbox account to put these files on your computer.
- If you are having audio sync issues, skipping, or pixelation when viewing it is likely due to watching it via Dropbox. Please download to your computer or phone to view full quality.
- If you are sharing the Dropbox link with someone, please know the thumbnail is selected by Dropbox can’t be changed.
- I delete all these links and all these files in 30 days. If you don’t save a copy of your reel then there will be no copy unless you purchase Online Storage.
Downloading from Dropbox
To Download from Dropbox to your Desktop follow these steps.
Click on the Dropbox link. It opens a window with the files.
Click on each file to Download it. You do not need a Dropbox account to put these files on your computer.
Once you Click on a file, in the upper right hand corner your see a button that reads Download. Click on it and select Direct Download or Save to my Dropbox. You can do either if you have a Dropbox Account.
Repeat for the other files as well.
Posting it to Actors Access places it on Breakdown Express for your agent and manager.
You login to your Actors Access account and click on Manage Video (Button in the large grey box, left side of screen). At the top of the next page on the left side of screen click on red button Add New Performance Video.
A new window opens, now click on red button Browse to find the file on your computer. Click on red button Upload. The file will then upload once it’s finished it will prompt you to pay.
The cost is $22 per minute.
You must log into your IMDBPro account and in the Menu bar next to Home select Your Page, then in the center of the page you will see menu that reads Filmography, About, Images, Videos. Click on Videos and there will be a grey box with a plus sign that has “Add video” below it. You can add as many videos as you like.
Casting Networks aka LA Casting
If your clip/reel is less than 4 minutes and you live in Los Angeles, I’ve included a version specifically formatted for this site in a folder titled z-Casting Networks. A file over 4 minutes can’t be posted on this site. If I did not include this file and you need it please email me.
You have to pay a monthly or annual Media Hosting fee to post on this site. This fee covers the cost of all videos you upload.
Once you add a video to your Casting Networks/LA Casting profile you will need to call, e-mail or visit their kiosk at 200 S. La Brea to ask them to copy it to all of your profiles. You have a profile for each agent and manager that submits you.
Once you have activated Media Hosting, you can upload as many clips as you like. The clips can be up to 4 minutes in length and no larger than 100 mb. To upload media, select Media Bin from the Resume drop-down. On the right side of the page, you will see a link that says “Add Media.”
After clicking the link to “Add Media,” you will be taken to the upload page. Uploading media is a three-step process.
- Click “Browse My Computer” and select the file you would like to upload.
- Step 2 can be used to trim the beginning or end of your media. This tool is mostly used to eliminate contact info, ads for editing software or to extract a certain segment from a larger clip. If you do not wish to trim your media, skip this step.
- The last step is to make sure that we have the correct email address on file so that we can contact you when your media has been approved.
After completing these steps, click “Add My Media” and your file will begin to upload. Once your media has been uploaded, it may take up to four business hours for it to be reviewed for approval. We thank you for your patience.
You have to pay a monthly or annual fee to host videos. One fee covers the cost of all videos you upload. Instructions can be found in this link.
For additional questions please contact julie for help.